- 19-Apr-2013 to 30-Jun-2013 (CST)
- LO - Houston
- 77072, TX, USA
- Base + Commission
- Full Time
First Continental Mortgage, Ltd. (FCM) s a full-service, FNMA, HUD and VA approved national mortgage lending firm headquartered in Houston, Texas for over 20 years with locations in several states. We specialize in partnering with home builders as well as retail production.
FCM is currently seeking highly motivated, qualified individuals to fulfill the role of Mortgage Loan Originator in our Corporate office. This position will call on our servicing portfolio and our past client database.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Generates new mortgage loan applications and retains existing business through outbound marketing to buyers in FCM's servicing portfolio to discuss refinance options.
- Generates new mortgage loan applications through outbound marketing to past buyer's in FCM's customer database.
- Maintains required monthly production volume as communicated by management.
- Advises borrowers on loan products by examining application and supporting documentation, and pre-qualifying for credit-worthiness. Provides guidance and information relevant to the risks and benefits of each program the borrower is qualified for; effectively communicate the terms of each product.
- Advises borrowers on available lock options and locks loans promptly.
- Keeps abreast of and complies with all federal, state and local laws and regulations, investor and governmental agency requirements and guidelines, as well as all company policies and procedures.
- Serves as the primary contact with all parties throughout the loan process.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Must obtain and maintain required LO license.
- Minimum 2 years experience as an originator.
- Prefer experience with lead generation and working in a call center environment.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Understanding of mortgage products and the ability to comprehend and implement complex financial concepts related to residential mortgage lending.
- An advanced understanding of sales and marketing of mortgage loans and the ability to present, sell, and deliver such products to diverse individuals and groups in a professional, ethical, and effective manner.
- Ability to learn and adapt to market changes quickly.
- Ability to build strong relationships with production, underwriting, closing and other internal and external partners.
FCM offers a competitive benefits package upon completion of required eligibility periods including medical, dental, vision, FSA, life, supplemental life, short and long term disability, supplemental insurance (i.e. accident, cancer,), 401(k), vacation, and sick time.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!